COVID News March 7, 2022:
Our team has worked incredibly hard to help keep each other and all of you safe so we can keep caring for your pets. We have not had to close the clinic one day due to COVID since the pandemic began. Part of that is due to our great clients are so helpful at following the operations guidelines as well. Let’s keep that teamwork going!
As of late February 2022, the CDC has adjusted guidelines to make masks optional indoors as long as our community is in a low to medium risk category.
- If you are at high risk, are currently vaccinated and quarantining, are immunocompromised, or just feel more comfortable wearing your mask, we request that you wear a mask.
- If you are more comfortable having our team masked for your appointment as well, we will be happy to honor your request.
- We are working hard to keep you safe and ask you extend the same courtesy to our team and other clients.
Visiting the clinic:
- If you are well and here for an appointment or to pick up medications or food, come on in! Do continue general common-sense measures like covering coughs and sneezes and using hand sanitizer or washing your hands.
- Up to 2 people per appointment may be in person. If you have more than 2 people, they will either need to stay in the car if able or we can care for you curbside. For situations like euthanasia where more family members may need to be present, please let us know so we can make proper arrangements, or be outside, weather permitting.
- If you have samples to drop off, or meds or food to pick up, you can come inside or you can also just call in and keep that curbside if you choose!
- If you have signs of illness, please choose to have your appointment curbside. Our rooms are small and our team is small, so even if it’s not COVID, please help protect our team!
- If your pet is coughing, sneezing, has eye or nose discharge, or profuse vomiting or diarrhea, please call in to let us know you are here before you enter the building. We will give you instructions on where to go so we can protect other patients. For example, dog coughs can aerosolize more than 20 feet!
- If you are experiencing any signs of illness (even if not COIVD), have been exposed to someone positive for COVID or waiting for test results in the last 10 days, we will be happy to care for you curbside. Please call in when you arrive.
- If you are currently isolating because you are ill with COVID, please have a friend or family member bring your pet for you.
- There are also some veterinary medical conditions that we may have you stay curbside because of contagious health risks to other pet patients.
- You always have the option of keeping your appointment curbside if it just works better for you!
Important Scheduling and Operations Updates
- Please schedule your pet’s wellness care as soon as you get your reminders. We are still scheduling out several weeks for wellness appointments, so please call as soon as possible to keep your pets up to date and protected!
- For our patients who are on chronic medications:
- Your pet needs to be seen every 12 months, and sometimes every 6 months to keep those prescriptions going. Some of these requirements are based on state and licensing laws.
- Do not wait until the last minute so you don’t have to deal with a break in your pet’s therapy.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for refills and for doctors to return phone calls. We can also use email if that is better for you.
- We are still working to make 4 doctors’ worth of patients fit into the hands of 3 doctors. Please be patient with us and know that we will try every way possible to help. Sometimes the best way is to get them somewhere that they can be helped sooner.
- We are still limiting our new patients to:
- Existing clients adding new dogs and cats,
- New clients with pets one year or younger
- Existing clients adding new pocket pets or reptiles
- possible other ill or injured pets based on availability
- We are also accepting referrals for specific services from our veterinary colleagues as well. We are looking forward to when we can open this up fully again. We will keep everyone updated!
We look forward to seeing you again soon and serving you and your pets!