COVID OPERATIONS UPDATE March 1, 2021
Spring is coming! We hope you are all well and healthy. We are so ready to see all of you again. We are updating our operations and want to make sure that you are well informed to have the best visit possible.
You may still see some restrictions that you may not see in other businesses. We must take their safety into consideration so that we can stay as open and functional as possible to serve all of you and your pets. Our exam rooms are not of a size that allows for social distancing easily.
Beginning Monday, March 1, we will be adjusting to the following operations.
We will still be doing our enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, employee screening, and social distancing.Please do your part in helping to maintain social distancing with our team, other clients, and other pets.
Please have all pets either on a leash or in a carrier.
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle, and call in to the clinic. We will get you checked in and advise you what the next steps will be. Do not enter the building prior to calling in and receiving direction.
- We are so excited to get to see you! We will be able to have one adult in the building per appointment, if there are no signs of illness, test results waiting, or recent close contacts.
- For anyone who may be coming into the building, masks that sufficiently cover the mouth and nose must still be worn at all times while in the building, and social distancing is expected as much as possible. If you do not have a mask, or are not comfortable wearing one as outlined, we will happily care for you with curbside service.
- If you have multiple people with you, they will need to stay in your vehicle. If they are children or for some other reason cannot be left unattended, we will care for you with curbside service.
- Please complete the history form that is linked to your appointment reminder or found on our website home page prior to your appointment. If it is your first time at Noah’s Landing, please use the new client form on our website (resources, forms page) in addition to the history form to help save time when you arrive for your appointment.
- For euthanasia, we still want to make as much accommodation for you at this special time while keeping everyone as socially distanced as possible. One person will be allowed in the room at a time. Weather permitting, we can also provide this care outside so everyone can be together. We will be ready to go over any planning needed to make your time with your pet here as meaningful and low stress as possible.
- If you have any signs of illness, are waiting on a Covid test result, or have been in contact with or work with Covid positive persons, we will care for you with curbside service. If you are currently ill or have had a positive Covid test in the last 14 days, please have a well friend or family member bring your pet for you. We can still communicate with you directly at home.
- If your pet has signs of respiratory illness, their appointment will be done in our regular curbside format and with additional precautions so that exposure to other pets and people is minimized.
- We are scheduling several weeks out for wellness care currently, so please do not delay making your appointment when you get your reminders!
- If you have been loving just being able to have us care for your pets while you stay in your vehicle and relax, we will still be offering curbside and video chat appointments for you!
- We do still offer telemedicine appointments when appropriate for the care of your pet.
For refills, food pickups, or sample drop offs:
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle, and call in to the clinic.
- We will check you out over the phone and deliver your items or retrieve samples from you at your vehicle.
- We will be providing boarding services for our clients and any who have boarded with us previously.
- Please call us soon as you know your travel plans as we do have limited space and may fill quickly.
- We have also added additional lines to help with some of the phone traffic. It may not say Noah’s Landing on the Caller ID, so if your phone rings while you are waiting for your pet, please go ahead and answer it.
- If you have a non-emergency question, you can also email us through our website or at firstname.lastname@example.org These will be answered during regular business hours.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for most messages to be returned by the doctor. Our team will try to let you know if that particular doctor will be out of the office for a longer period.
- Stress, worry, frustration, medical issues, tight resources, and just being “over it” has taken its toll on all of us in the community. If you are stressed or worried, just let us know so we can try to help. We know everyone is having tough times. You know we are going to care for your pet like our own pets are going to do the best we can for you with the resources that we have available. Now more than ever it is time for all in our community to show our empathy and compassion for each other and treat each other kindly. We are the City With A Heart!
- If there is a policy or procedure that you do not understand or agree with, we ask that you discuss it with us calmly and with the management. If you decide that you do not want to have your pet cared for following the policies we have in place, we will forward your pet’s records to a clinic of your choosing if you wish.
- One of the missions of our hospital is to be a safe space. A space that is free from judgment, threat of harm, verbal harassment, abusive language, or any aggressive behavior. These actions cannot be tolerated and may lead to removal from the premises or refusal of care.
We know that we are living in a new normal, but we are very excited to be moving forward and hopefully making things even better than they used to be. Mostly, we are just happy to be able to have you with us face to face (or mask to mask at least!) again and enjoying the relationships we have with our clients in person.
We look forward to continuing to serve you and your pets!
The Noah’s Landing Team